Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

ERUNT Error message

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrissy72

chrissy72

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hello there guys, I would appreciate some help please! I installed ERUNT last week after cleaning up a problem I had on my pc. Trouble is that whenever I reboot now I recieve 2 error messages. I tried copying them but couldnt so I have had to copy them manually. The first one says URU for Windows NT Unable to create file: C:\Windows\ERDNT\Auto Backup\30-10-2010\ERDNT.INF Registry backup will continue, but no restore information for the ERDNT programme will be saved. This means that later restoration of the registry can only be done manually, by using another OS to copy back the files Then it asks to click OK but when I do this another box appears with this message WARNING ERROR saving file C\Windows\ERDNT\Auto backup\30-10-2010\SECURITY! Continue with the next file? [Reg create key Ex:5-Access is denied] Then it asks to click yes or no, so I click yes but the same error messsage just keeps coming up again and again so I eventually had to click no to use the pc. Thankyou. Chrissy72 :unsure:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. -Albert Einstein.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jkc73

Jkc73

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Malware Removal, Tech Support

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hi Chrissy, :wavey:

Do you have UAC (User Account Control) turned on?

If so please turn off and see how that goes.

How to Turn User Account Control on or off :)

Regards,
Jkc73

Edited by Jkc73, 29 October 2010 - 08:21 PM.

~ Jkc73
--------------------

Posted Image
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
How to Prevent Malware: by ©miekiemoes
"I do most of my reading when writing".

Enjoy life, before it enjoys you!

Due to real life commitments, I may be unable to respond!

#3 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

"ERUNT and NTREGOPT in their current versions 1.1j are still compatible with Windows 7, but as in Vista, they will only work correctly if you turn off User Account Control in Windows' Control Panel (move the slider to the lowest position).

Also, a problem has been discovered which on many systems causes ERDNT and NTREGOPT to display a "RegSaveKey: 3" error when optimizing / restoring the BCD00000000 hive. The cause is that after a clean install of Windows 7, the BCD part of the registry which contains Windows' boot configuration data resides on a hidden system partition with no drive letter assigned in Explorer. You can simply ignore this error and continue, or as a workaround, open Disk Managemant in Control Panel and right-click on the partition displayed as "System Reserved" to assign a drive letter.

Future versions of ERUNT and NTREGOPT will of course have these issues fixed. Keep an eye on my homepage for updates".

http://www.larsheder...e/erunt/faq.htm

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#4 chrissy72

chrissy72

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:10 AM

Thankyou JKC73 and Lee. I turned the user account control off and rebooted and it all seems to be okey dokey. Should I just leave it off or is it important to turn it back on and only turn it off when rebooting? Chrissy
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. -Albert Einstein.

#5 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

Should I just leave it off or is it important to turn it back on and only turn it off when rebooting?

It's personal thing I guess. It can rapidly become a very annoying feature :angry:

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature in Windows that can help prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. UAC does this by asking you for permission or an administrator‌ password before performing actions that could potentially affect your computer's operation or that change settings that affect other users. When you see a UAC message, read it carefully, and then make sure the name of the action or program that's about to start is one that you intended to start.

For futher details about this feature go here:

http://windows.micro...Account-Control

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#6 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

it might be annoying but it's always best to have it turned on for the better security benefits. :popcorn: