This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ERUNT Error message

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello there guys, I would appreciate some help please! I installed ERUNT last week after cleaning up a problem I had on my pc. Trouble is that whenever I reboot now I recieve 2 error messages. I tried copying them but couldnt so I have had to copy them manually. The first one says URU for Windows NT Unable to create file: C:\Windows\ERDNT\Auto Backup\30-10-2010\ERDNT.INF Registry backup will continue, but no restore information for the ERDNT programme will be saved. This means that later restoration of the registry can only be done manually, by using another OS to copy back the files Then it asks to click OK but when I do this another box appears with this message WARNING ERROR saving file C\Windows\ERDNT\Auto backup\30-10-2010\SECURITY! Continue with the next file? [Reg create key Ex:5-Access is denied] Then it asks to click yes or no, so I click yes but the same error messsage just keeps coming up again and again so I eventually had to click no to use the pc. Thankyou. Chrissy72 :unsure:
"ERUNT and NTREGOPT in their current versions 1.1j are still compatible with Windows 7, but as in Vista, they will only work correctly if you turn off User Account Control in Windows' Control Panel (move the slider to the lowest position).

Also, a problem has been discovered which on many systems causes ERDNT and NTREGOPT to display a "RegSaveKey: 3" error when optimizing / restoring the BCD00000000 hive. The cause is that after a clean install of Windows 7, the BCD part of the registry which contains Windows' boot configuration data resides on a hidden system partition with no drive letter assigned in Explorer. You can simply ignore this error and continue, or as a workaround, open Disk Managemant in Control Panel and right-click on the partition displayed as "System Reserved" to assign a drive letter.

Future versions of ERUNT and NTREGOPT will of course have these issues fixed. Keep an eye on my homepage for updates".

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/faq.htm

Cheers,
Lee
Thankyou JKC73 and Lee. I turned the user account control off and rebooted and it all seems to be okey dokey. Should I just leave it off or is it important to turn it back on and only turn it off when rebooting? Chrissy

Should I just leave it off or is it important to turn it back on and only turn it off when rebooting?


It's personal thing I guess. It can rapidly become a very annoying feature :angry:

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature in Windows that can help prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. UAC does this by asking you for permission or an administrator‌ password before performing actions that could potentially affect your computer's operation or that change settings that affect other users. When you see a UAC message, read it carefully, and then make sure the name of the action or program that's about to start is one that you intended to start.


For futher details about this feature go here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows…Account-Control

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI