This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

'send to mail recipient' command greyed out in word 2007

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently upgraded my email program from windows mail to Outlook 2010. Since then the 'send to mail recipient' command in Word has appeared greyed out so I can no longer send word documents as emails but only as attachments which I do not wish to do. I am running windows vista and word 2007 home and student edition. I paid microsoft £46 to fix it and they sent me a reg file to download which did not work. I have the same problem with my laptop so it is not a problem specific to one particular computer. I am sure I saw a fix for this problem a year or so ago but have googled everything and cannot find it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is anything here helpful?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

Thanks for that link Tonk. I had already found that and checked the registry settings and they are ok. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

I spoke to someone from Microsoft who was really unhelpful and said it was because I was using Word 2007 and Outlook 2010 and they are not compatible, I just cannot believe this.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI