This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need help uninstalling Service Pack 3

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been getting help over at the Safer Networking forums on fixing some problems and have been asked to post here to get help uninstalling/reinstalling Service Pack 3 to fix my busted catroot (I have no idea what that is). Once I'd booted into safe mode and tried to run c:\windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuninst.exe, the spunist folder was empty and couldn't find spunist.exe.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=386645#post386645 here's the link to my original thread, thanks for any help you can give me.
I tried to use method 2 but wasn't able to run spuninst.exe since it doesn't appear to be in the hidden $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder, should I try the 1st method?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI