This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

how to become part of the tech team?

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

:welcome:

Well as far as I know, you need to respond to peoples questions with knowledge and wisdom and respect for there computers, as well as respect for them.

Have a real understanding and a platform that you work from.

Knowledge is the key, knowing how to research the specific problem, break it down….so you know what your looking for, and how to get what your looking for.

There are some real Einsteins here…. this is where they cut me off…hmmmm,….I said ,..hmmmm…

In all reality it is about policy. Have you read the rules yet? :unsure:

Try reading this here

Then just try your best.. :thumbup:


Regards,
Jkc73 :)
:welcome: I believe the way in which WTT finds new Tech Team members is to observe them over a period and get to know them before offering them a place. You should post around WTT with some help which is accurate and clear and you might get noticed. It won't be an instant thing, but after a while they MAY get in contact with you. Since you might not have previous experience, you most probably will be put in the classroom where they will add to your already strong knowledge and turn you into a WTT Tech. However, I must stress that you won't get in the Team just for asking about it. Follow my advice and post what you would have posted if you were a Tech (i.e. helpful posts around WTT) and you might get noticed. Redeye ^_^ P.S. I am NOT part of WTT's Tech Team or a Staff Member so this may not be the view of WTT (just what I observed)

P.S. I am NOT part of WTT's Tech Team or a Staff Member so this may not be the view of WTT (just what I observed)

Your observations are exceptional for the 7 days that you have been with us -Redeye- :notworthy:

The accuracy of your post, I would guess is on the money. :whistling:

In addition: Key qualities are to enjoy volunteering and participating in a Forum that has come to be recognized as valuing safety, accuracy, good form of presentation, and demonstration of respect to Members who seek assistance.


Note: There is a common theme around various Tech Forums Sites that the selection process of the staff in most cases, is not known to the Member prior to being promoted from the standard Member to a Team.


Regards,
Jkc73 :)
alright thank yall so much for taking the time to get back with me im new to the forums thing.But i have a passion for helping people understand what they think is ''non-understandable.'' ha
Hey lance,

I wish you luck with your attempt to join a Tech Team and I admire that you have a wish to help others.

Your observations are exceptional for the 7 days that you have been with us -Redeye

+

Note: There is a common theme around various Tech Forums Sites that the selection process of the staff in most cases, is not known to the Member prior to being promoted from the standard Member to a Team.


It might help that I am on a big Gaming Support Tech team on another site (which may be bigger in size but WTT is a very nice site from what I have seen so far :D) which means I have experience in this sort of Team and how they recruit (funny thing is, the team I am on is the only one [tech not malware team] where the process which I mentioned is not that but by an application process).

Also, your note might suggest an advantage for the eager lance ^_^

Anyway, good luck mate and thanks Jkc for the kind comments (and your spot on about the additional qualities listed).
Redeye :thumbup:

how do i become a member of the tech team on this site


Hi lance martin,

And Welcome to WTT Forums.

You have already received some sensible comments (above) regarding your inquiry.

Please know that Tech Team regularly reviews topics and contributions in Software, Hardware, and Discussion Forums.
We are always on the look-out for fresh contributing resources.

As has been noted above, we are a smaller Forum than some but nevertheless strive to provide the best possible resources and recommendations possible.

Tech Team's criterion for beneficial instructions and solutions offered, includes but is not limited by the following:

The solution/instruction must be:
  • Safe
  • Accurate
  • Related to the OP's presenting problem
  • Composed with good organization for easy following
  • Communicated with Civility and Respect toward the OP and Membership at-large
  • Oriented to OP becoming better able to solve and manage their own machine.
  • Consistent with the Rules of our Forums
____________________

I quite frankly wish that Tech Team was literally out-numbered by contributions from helpful Authentic Members, whose volunteer replies serve to assist our Membership and Readers. That may eventually come to pass, and Wouldn't that be wonderful!

In the meantime, you and other contributors should know that Tech Team notices your contributions.

WTT Forums likes to get to know contributors thoroughly.
In perspective, some of our most technically competent and credentialed Team Members served extensively as Authentic Members prior to joining Team.

Your best course of action:

Continue to post your helpful recommendations and solutions in Topic Threads that are within your ability and interest area.
Gradually, you may receive comments and contacts from other Members and Staff as we build a collegial relationship.

I am always pleased to see new competent contributors, and even more pleased when they demonstrate an interest in staying around and even making WTT one of their homes-away-from home in the internet help community.

Best Regards

how do i become a member of the tech team on this site


Hi lance martin,

And Welcome to WTT Forums.

You have already received some sensible comments (above) regarding your inquiry.

Please know that Tech Team regularly reviews topics and contributions in Software, Hardware, and Discussion Forums.
We are always on the look-out for fresh contributing resources.

As has been noted above, we are a smaller Forum than some but nevertheless strive to provide the best possible resources and recommendations possible.

Tech Team's criterion for beneficial instructions and solutions offered, includes but is not limited by the following:

The solution/instruction must be:
  • Safe
  • Accurate
  • Related to the OP's presenting problem
  • Composed with good organization for easy following
  • Communicated with Civility and Respect toward the OP and Membership at-large
  • Oriented to OP becoming better able to solve and manage their own machine.
  • Consistent with the Rules of our Forums
____________________

I quite frankly wish that Tech Team was literally out-numbered by contributions from helpful Authentic Members, whose volunteer replies serve to assist our Membership and Readers. That may eventually come to pass, and Wouldn't that be wonderful!

In the meantime, you and other contributors should know that Tech Team notices your contributions.

WTT Forums likes to get to know contributors thoroughly.
In perspective, some of our most technically competent and credentialed Team Members served extensively as Authentic Members prior to joining Team.

Your best course of action:

Continue to post your helpful recommendations and solutions in Topic Threads that are within your ability and interest area.
Gradually, you may receive comments and contacts from other Members and Staff as we build a collegial relationship.

I am always pleased to see new competent contributors, and even more pleased when they demonstrate an interest in staying around and even making WTT one of their homes-away-from home in the internet help community.

Best Regards

And that's the bottom line. ;)