This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

PC Turns on and then immediately off

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The kids have been on my brand new HP laptop. When I first turned it on, it gave me the option of "Startup Recovery - Recommended" which I chose, and it shut off. Now when I turn it on, it starts for about 1 second, and shuts off. What do I do?

brand new HP laptop
What do I do?

Call HP and get it in for warranty support. Then, when it is fixed, get the kids their own computer.
If it is brand new, it should be under warranty. Otherwise it is hard to tell at this point - but certainly it sounds like hardware. At what point during the boot does it shutdown?
well you could call the HP support center but my grandma had a hp with "system recovery" option and i ran it it ended up making windows not boot the best thing to do is wipe your hard drive clean and install fresh new copy of windows. That was the only fix i saw with that error.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI