My HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop will go into a state of constant reboot. It starts up and then before it finishes the boot up it shuts itself back down and then continues the same process over and over. I have downloaded the newest Bios and the problem continues. I have also tried to update as many of the drivers as possible. I wish that I could pinpoint exactly when it happens but it happens frequently. To fix I have to shutdown and remove the battery and hardrive. Once I have done these things it will boot up just fine. Any help that you canprovide would be much appreciated.
Hi crock,
You could try using Windows Vista's Startup Repair tool to see if that helps to resolve the problem.
To begin the Windows Vista Startup Repair process, you will need to boot from the Windows Vista DVD.
1. Watch for a Press any key to boot from CD or DVD… message similar to the one shown in the screenshot above.
2. Press a key to force the computer to boot from the Windows Vista DVD.
Choose the Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use in Windows Vista.
Click Next.
Click on the Repair your computer link on the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.
This link will begin the Windows Vista System Recovery Options.
This process may help determine what exactly is causing the problem when booting.
Hope it's of some use to you,
Rich
Rich,
Thank you for your response however this laptop was an off the shelf purchase from Best Buy. I do not have the Vista DVD to be able to boot from. Do you happen to have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
crock