This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Ouch! I've got virus'

19 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Conspire, This does seem to help. It has been a long time since I've done any archiving…(probably 2 years). I need to archive more files still, but so far I think I do see improvement. Do you think there is anything else to do as far as cleaning my laptop since we did find the compromise on my desktop with the password issue and they are networked? Thanks so much for your help.
Glad to know that it did help. :) As far as the cleaning goes, the malware appears to have gone for good unless it reappears then we will have to diagnose everything again and go from there. But since it has been compromised, I strongly suggest you to change your password and monitor any unwanted changes in your computer or data you may have.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI