Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

internet definition

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

hey all! I need to know how would you define an internet to a layman? i need to know this badly?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

Once again, Google is your best bet: wiki internet

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Blottedisk

Blottedisk

Malware Team Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

Here's another one that might be more appropriate to a beginner:

http://simple.wikipe...g/wiki/Internet

-- Proud Graduate of the What the Tech Classroom --
-- ASAP Member --
-- UNITE Trained Eliminator --

#4 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

i was looking for some cool definitions from the forum members as everyone may have his/her own way to define to a layman. :)

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Yes MobileMania, many folks "may have his/her own way to define to a layman." So what is your definition? Similarly, what is the population to which you will be addressing your definition? Further, what purpose do you hope to serve? --- For instance, --- A technical understanding? --- A historical / developmental understanding? --- A social/cultural reflection cast by influence of Internet? --- A reflection on Internet impact on business and commerce? or upon science/academia/government agencies? --- An understanding that paces with the emerging hardware that is becoming more popular? (e.g. hardware defining/influencing Internet) Take a shot. :) Perhaps with your own efforts displayed, others may be able to contribute with comparison and contrast. Without you taking further participation, potential helpers must rely upon broad-based resourcing such as wiki and search engine.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#6 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

well i actually had some meeting with some old people and i was supposed to tell them what an internet is and how it work? though it was not easy but i defined it well somehow :D thanks

#7 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:17 AM

All right then. You've been successful and the matter is now in the past. We don't actually "close" thread topics, but in fact we will consider this matter closed. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#8 asim2010

asim2010

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

I would define the Internet as a worldwide system of interconnected networks and computers.