Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Opera

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

My biggest problem is that when I use Opera recently, I have tabs up but when I click on them, they do not open. When the cursor goes by the individual tabs, it shows what the page is. but they do not open. Also, there is no address bar so I cannot open a new page other than the default page. I go to the "view" and check to see if the address bar is checked and it is so it should work. I was gone for over a week to a funeral and my wife was home. It did not work right when I got back. I ran Avast and it found 11 viruses. I got rid of them. I also ran Malwarebytes and have superantispyware on the computer. Since then, I have found no malware. Ever since Yahoo started the new email, I have had problems with it. It is extremely slow ( even more than one minute) to load between emails. One time Opera said that the new email did not work well with Opera and offered to use the older one. However, since then it has not asked that and I do not know how to get the old version. This also happens in IE. Why doesn't Yahoo fix this? How can I get the old version to load every time? I am thinking of just using gmail although I like the yahoo groups much better than Google groups. I found out how to use the old version by going to Options in upper right hand corner. and then clicking on classic Yahoo email. I get a notice that I need a new IE browser but when I try to download IAE8, it says I cannot use it with my system (XP). I want to use a virtual sandbox for Opera so I can dump any memory if I do get malware. Does anyone know what program would work for Opera? Thanks GB Thanks GB

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hi GB. I think you still have some malware on your computer, even though your AV and MBAM say it's clean. Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatth...ays_t78698.html

As for a SandBox, try SandBoxie

If you happen to have Acronis for backup, you can use their Try and Decide feature, works great for me, XP or Win 7.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:48 AM

Rich Thanks for the reply and info. I knew about Sandboxie but did not think it would work with Opera but checking it out on the web, it seems like it would work. I will download it after I get rid of the carp** on my computer. I will check out Acronis. I use XP. I posted on the Malware forum. Thanks, GB