This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't Access Firefox or Chrome

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So I had some malware problems that messed with my internet and laptop. Went over to the Spybot forums for help and it seems to have cleared up, but I'm still experiencing symptoms that I had, which is lag and not responding problems. Another one of the main problems is that I can't open Firefox or Chrome. I can use Opera and Internet Explorer.

When I first boot up and open Opera, it will lag and not respond for about 30 minutes and then act normal. When I try to open Firefox it tells me that it is already running, but is not responding. Chrome doesn't open at all. Not only does it not open, but it also affects Opera and Internet Explorer by making them, and my computer in general, lag and not respond every 10 seconds, making it irritating and almost impossible to use. I posted in another section about possibly doing a repair install, unless somebody has another idea. On a side note, I can't open iTunes either.



Thread of reference: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=61662
You are already receiving help on this problem here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=117421

Please do not post multiple requests to the same problem. It wastes valuable volunteer time.

If you would like to discuss the options available concerning this problem such as reinstalling Windows, or repairing Firefox and Chrome problems, please discuss them in the original thread as cited above.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI