This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ISP Issues (TalkTalk)

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi
***RANT ALERT***
I'm really aggravated with my ISP & I suspect them to be restricting my access………completely.
I've made several calls to to them complaining that I can't access the internet through my account/TalkTalk email.
I'm currently connected to the internet through a test connection & email address which was provided previously by TalkTalk when I had the same issues. I've just this minute got of the phone from them where they made me run sum tests to no avail. They're suggesting that my Browser is corrupt or my computer is at fault which is a laughable suggestion.
At the risk of sounding paranoid I suspect they're are restricting my account. The reason I think this is because;
1./ I can connect to the internet through this test setup, which shows there's nothing wrong with my Router, browser, my PC or indeed my connection.
2./ I downloaded a game which was almost 2GB in size from GAME.co.uk a few days ago (fair use policy coming in to effect maybe, even though my package is Unlimited).

I'm not quite sure what to think all I know is that I am fuming that I am paying for a service that I'm not receiving.


[external image: Posted Image]
They could be throttling your connection, but it depends on how much you're downloading over a certain period. If you downloaded the 2GB game in the afternoon, for example, TalkTalk will throttle your connection until late evening. If you consistently break their Fair Usage Policy they can throttle your connection for as long as they want. The key to finding out whether they are doing this is to read the small print in your contract. That will say what actions they will take if they think you are downloading too much. Can you explain what you mean with "I can't access the internet through my account/TalkTalk email"? Do you have to enter your login details before you get access, or do you mean you can't access the internet if your router uses the usual login details? Cheers, Nahumi
Hi Nahumi & thank you for your prompt reply.

I can't connect at all let alone connect on a limited connection. That's correct I can't login using the credentials I was fist assigned when I opened my account with Tiscali (now TalkTalk) which is also stored on the Router set up page but I can with the test credentials.
For example my login email would be: "[removed]" then my password, but I can't connect using this so I am using another address & password.
I'm not sure how to approach this or even challenge my ISP. I'm going to look at the small print now.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI