This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Budgetless Gaming Setup

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've looked around different forums and websites and all I can find are people wanting help building "THE ULTIMATE GAMING COMPUTER (for x amount of dollars)". I was wondering, if anyone here could build a gaming computer with no price in mind, what would you put in it? I know when it comes to PCs the term "long-life" usually means a few years so I'm not trying to fool myself into thinking a PC I build now will be playing the newest games of 2015. What I want is advice on what hardware to choose to get the most out of today's and tomorrow's games and I don't want that advice restricted by the price of components.
If I had the money spare, I'd buy one of these :

http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/ProductCon…ctReactorX.aspx

If you max out all the options it comes to $12,983.00 :

Intel® Core™ i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition (12M Cache, 3.33 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI)
16GB DDR3 1600MHz (4 x 4GB) memory
2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 with SLI enabled
2 x 650W power supplies
2 x Samsung 1TB drives, RAID 1
3 x Samsung 256GB SSDs, RAID 0
Panasonic UJ-235-A SATA slot-loading Blu-ray
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
3-year extended warranty
NVIDIA 3D Vision/Samsung 2233RZ 22" LCD bundle (3)
Logitech G19
Logitech G9x


That would certainly keep you going for a few years.

That would certainly keep you going for a few years.


And the tower would probably only weigh about 85lbs. :P



Some really heavy duty ear muffs to block out the PC roar when NOT gaming would add another 4 or 5lbs. :rofl:

Cheers,
Lee

Maybe even save money during the winter because you certainly wouldn't need to run the furnace in that room.


Yeah, exactly.

You could even try hooking up the oil pumping system to the central heating. Free showers? Yes please!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI