This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I have 7 svchost.exe on this system, slow computer freezing up

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Your words are so expensive. Would you please explain your problem with more specific details. Have you tried something? BSOD can happen from 54 different reasons. arTech
Hi I have done many things that the spyware side has told me, and provided a link for that. I haven't done anything on the windows side to the best of my knowledge. I have been having trouble with the computer freezing up, getting a distorted e on the task mgr applications page when the computer is froze up. It has shut itself down, is slow to restart or start and there are alot of things running in the backround.
The thress minidump reports you posted are in ntoskrnl and ntfs.sys, both OS owned. Unlikely they are the cause though. I would suspect that something has gotten corrupted during the malware cleanup, perhaps one or more files deleted or damaged. Unfortunately there is no sure fire way to tell what.

Can you zip those mini dumps and upload them to a file sharing area? I'd like to take a look at them and see if any other info is available besides what BlueScreenViewer shows. You could try Windows Live Skydrive, it has 25GB of free upload space.
I would be willing to try however I don't know how. I don't know very much about computers or the operating systems How would I zip them?
The dumps should be in C:\Windows\Minidump. Open My computer and navigate there.
Select the three dump files there by holding down the Ctrl key and left clicking once on each one.
Now right click and select Send to.
Chose Compressed (Zipped) Folder. That will create a .zip file in the same folder you are in. That is the file you want to upload.

You will need to have hidden files and file extensions visible, so do this:

Open Control Panel then Folder Options and click on the View tab.
Select "Show hidden files and folders"
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
Click Apply and OK
1. Perform Ztruker's instruction.

2. Download and run portable (without installation) tool SysInternals Autoruns to find unwanted application components and some third-party auto-starting images that have been added to your system and slow system performance.
In Options menu check only Hide Microsoft and Windows Entries and Verify Code Signatures.
Press Everything tab.
Save AutoRuns file with .txt extension and upload.

3. Check the Event Viewer to see if there are any warnings or errors How to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP. In the console tree, expand Event Viewer, right-click on the System, and then click Save Log File As with .txt extension. Compress this file and upload.

4. In meantime perform Maintenance on a computer running Windows XP.

5. Remove all programs from the computer that are no longer needed.

arTech
They are either too large to upload here or you have not met the minimum post count that allows you to upload files here. That's why I provided the link to Windows Sky Drive. Upload it there then post the link here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI