This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

svchost.exe ?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello everyone! I'm noticing that svchost.exe is taking up a lot of my memory usuage. I read that it could possibly be a worm or such. I'm beginning to worry because my computer is running SUPER slow whenever i run high usuage programs. Also, it very slow when i open certain programs. i.e… photoshop, mozilla, etc. can somebody please, please help me get my computer back to healthy running order???? thank you very much! -Bernadette ps… i wasnt sure if i was suppost to put my hjt log on here yet. I will just wait until someone asks… :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
hi BernadetteMarlene, svchost.exe is a normal part of windows, you can have several running at once also. Please post a hjt log and i will take a look. shelf life

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI