I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop that I recently rebuilt…partially because of this sound problem.
When I watch YouTube, after a few seconds the sound and video starts to "vibrate" or "jerk".
There's no problem playing music from a CD or from memory. Just when I'm streaming.
I'm running Windows XP, Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. I have 1.5 Gb of RAM. This also has an Intel Core 2 CPU T5200 1.6 GHz, so I think there's ample hardware to support audio and video streaming.
In a broadband connectivity speed test, I'm getting 10Mbps, so I don't believe it's the connection.
I've checked the Primary IDE channel in Device Manager and its set to DMA if available.
None of the Sound, Video and Game Controllers in DM are indicating there's a problem.
I ran dxdiag and no errors in the sound system were detected.
I've run malwarebytes, and have AVG Free as my anti virus system. no malware was detected.
Help!
Thanks for the support, Paws,
I downloaded the latest of Java and Flash.
The problem is still there. It kicks in at the end of a line, where the music tries to hold a note for a bit.
No difference …I actually, normally use speakers, plugged into the headphone jack.
Interesting, I was on Skype and the sound vibration was there too, though not as pronounced.
It doesn't occur immediately, but seems to kick in after a few seconds…something maybe related to the buffer?
Hi Ok
its pointing towards a problem with the sound card circuits…have you tried either the latest soundcard driver (proabably included in the chipset driver ) or as a last resort rolling it back?
Some other thoughts…
1 use a system Restore Point created immediately before the problem started……
2 Did you replace the mobo?
3 if so did you reinstall Windows?
4 Have you tried an external (USB) audio dongle..(about £3 or so from Ebay) ?
5 I would try running a live distribution of Linux Puppy or Ubuntu (from CD run from entirely within RAM) as this does not need either Windows or your hard drive to run… It is a useful diagnostic as if your sound problem is the same… then you definitely have a hardware problem and the USB sound dongle may be a reasonable workaround.
If you want the download links and instructions for Linux Puppy or Ubuntu post back and I'll send them
Regards
paws