This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cleaning up my computer.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer's pretty much virus-free, but during the last couple months I've been experiencing LOTS of lags for some unknown reason and I think it might be b/c I've never bothered to do a disk clean-up or to free space from my hard drive( it's only about 1-2 gigs from filling up). Some of the notable lags include: -youtube vidoes: i used to be able to play high quality videos without a problem but now I can't even handle some of the newer videos on low quality, and i'm guessing it's because of youtube's improvement over the quality of videos being uploaded. -sound lags: i close my browser or a window on a video that has music playing and the music stops like 4-5 seconds upon closing. i've never had this problem even when my comp. was filled w/ virusis. Anyone have a solution?
Hi,

I've been experiencing LOTS of lags for some unknown reason and I think it might be b/c I've never bothered to do a disk clean-up or to free space from my hard drive( it's only about 1-2 gigs from filling up).

Looks that that maintenance schedule is a little overdue…..
Have a look here for the basics of giving your machine a good clean up
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Help_My_comp…low_t74560.html
and here:
http://www.malwareremoval.com/tutorials/runningslowly.php

Regards
paws
What does My computer's pretty much virus-free mean? Either it is virus free or it isn't, there can't be an almost :D

If you're not sure then it would be a good idea, after following the instructions Paws provide, to visit our malware area and make sure it's clean.

Go to the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 5 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI