This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Is it possible to run IE7 & IE8 together

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can I have IE7 and IE8 installed at the same time and able to use both? Some people would not use IE8 unless they know how and I would have to 'explore' it, so I can explain it and let them use IE7 in the meantime. I believe IE8 has a completely different interface and no menu bar which could be a bit daunting to new users. I don't want to install IE8 to find IE7 has disappeared. Can I use both or just one or the other? Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Hi Hedley93

I believe IE8 has a completely different interface and no menu bar which could be a bit daunting

on IE 8 if you want the menu bar just press the Alt key…and it will appear ..if you want to keep it permanently just right click on it and select "menu"
There's very little difference between the IE7 and interfaces (nothing that should take longer than a minute or so to become familiar with)…however IE8 has superior security…(compared with IE7)
Regards
paws
When you install IE8, IE7 is no longer accessible. It's still there, just not usable. If you then uninstall IE8, IE7 will be usable again.
Thanks for that Ztrucker. If there isn't much difference in the interface I guess it can be learned easy enough. Thanks again for the help. :thumbup: hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI