Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Secret blocking of cookies?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suzannaski

suzannaski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:14 AM

Hi First, I have to apologize if this was already covered; every time I try to search the forums I get a timeout error message, and I have used up my free time this morning already. Second, my problem is that my husband's computer will not allow cookies, no matter what settings I adjust in the tools. I've even (reluctantly) set everything to minumum or low and restarted the computer. Specifically, he can't log in to ebay. It was working yesterday. I suspect that one of the anti malware or firewall programs is overriding, but I just don't know where to look. I just last week had to undo the damage from "Antivir Pro" on his computer. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

Hiya SuzannaskI,

Sorry to hear about your problems,

1. You said that you have to undo the damage from Antivir Pro?
Question? Did you go to our Malware section for removing this or did you get help at another site?

If so please post the link to that site to read over what was done.

2. If you did removed it yourself, they may still a possibility of left over infections. If so what programs did you use to remove the infection? Reason I am asking this, it’s is possible that you still may have some leftover’s that may be causing your problems.

It may be best to head over to the Malware Section to have them take a look to be sure your system is free from infections.

Once cleared of any infections and if the problems still exist, then please report back here.

Here is the link of how to do this.

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388

Jimbo1

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#3 suzannaski

suzannaski

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hi Jimbo Yes, I used this site's instructions for removing Antivir. I did a workaround by logging in as another user, did Spybot & MBAM & ATF cleaner (in the order that the instructions said) There is one other program- Super Anti Malware- that seems to be legit from the googling research I did. I reset his security & privacy levels lower (again) and restarted; somehow they all got set to max. Then I added ebay to his list of trusted sites. How would I find out about leftovers? HJT? Thanks Sue

Edited by suzannaski, 10 August 2010 - 01:16 PM.

#4 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Had to ask, because my thoughts and seeing this in the past, most times some software may not catch all or sometimes their still could be a lurking problem.

Was thinking may be worth a shot to insure the machine is clean before trying to offer a fix, to be sure we are not beating ourselves to death of chasing 2 problems when it could just be one.

But if you want to try this and see if you can do a little trouble shooting possible plug in's that may be causing this problem is to run IE in safe mode, you can do so by running this test and see if you can log on to that site. If IE does work this way, then try and disable the add on 1 by 1 till you hit upon the problem.

(IE Trouble Shooting)

1. Please remember that it is possible to use IE with No Add-ons, without making permanent changes to the regular configuration of IE.
Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Internet Explorer (no add-ons)

2. This is much like SAFE Mode, in that it does not change normal settings, but allows for functioning in a testing environment without the influence of those normal settings.

In concept, the use of Internet Explorer no add-ons is "similar" to renaming a file extension instead of deleting the file.

Here's an MSDN comment about the use of Internet Explorer - no add-ons: http://blogs.msdn.co.../25/678113.aspx

If this does not help, I would suggest to let the Malware Team take a look at your system to be sure it is free from infections.

Here is the link of how to do this.

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388

Once cleared of any infections and if the problems still exist, then report back here. Thanks.

Jimbo1

Edited by Jimbo1, 11 August 2010 - 07:59 AM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)