This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

validation cannot update windows xp

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ken545 has been helping me with a fix for my malware problems but I cannot update windows due to validation issues. Can anyone help?
My copy did not pass windows validation. I got this computer from a friend that used to work in a computer software company so I guess it has been deemed illegal by microsoft. I am getting the error message This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation. The product key found on this computer is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked. Is there anything I can do? Thanks
All you can do is buy a legal copy of XP unless you can get the person you bought it from to provide a legal copy. Not sure what you have, Home, Pro or MCE but if It was me I'd get XP Pro. Save any data you have then do a Clean Install from the new XP Install CD doing a format during the install. That gives you a perfectly clean machine to start with.
Seems like a Validation Hack was used on that OS. The instuctions on that link I gave, will tell anyone for sure, if the OS is legal or otherwise. Sorry, but we can't help you in that 'dark' area. Cheers, Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI