This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

unable to run malware tools on my computer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I contracted the Antivir fake antivirus software malware on Windows Vista.
It is popping up a message every five seconds or so that says "Antivirus software alert. Attention ! spyware alert. Vulnerbilities found. Your computer is infected by spyware - 34 serious threats have been found while scanning your files and registry… and then it tells you to upgrade to full version of antivirus software to clean your computer.
It gives options to click on activate antivirus software, it pops up the trojan on the subject line. Then it also pops up internet explorer and a security warning that says a msntask.exe has a virus and cannot be executed. It asks do I want to activate my antivirus software now?

If I click yes, it opens up an internet browser window and my Avast software detects the trojan called JS:fakewarn-D. If I click no, it closes, but pops back up in a few more seconds. I cannot click the x at the top right to close the window.

On my computer:
Avast
SpywareBlaster
Spybot s&d

I cannot open spywareblaster or Spybot because when I do, I get the message:
Security Warning: Application cannot be executed the file _____(whatever file I try to run) is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

I tried to download malware bytes antimalware program on another computer and install it via flashdrive, but the computer gives me the same message with the security warning above saying that mbam.exe is infected.

I also tried to run OTL, Hijack this and dds and got the same message that popped up after windows asked if I should allow it to run or not.

I ran a full system scan with Avast and it came up with no viruses.

Please help!! Thanks.
Thank You! That worked. It deleted a couple of programs. I restarted and it no longer popped up. I am running a scan with Spybot S&D now. Thanks again.
Here is the mbam log: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46 www.malwarebytes.org Database version: 4052 Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18928 8/6/2010 7:13:28 PM mbam-log-2010-08-06 (19-13-28).txt Scan type: Quick scan Objects scanned: 117143 Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 12 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI