This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

hijacked by JS:Fakewarn-D trojan

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I contracted the Antivir fake antivirus software malware on Windows Vista. It is popping up a message every five seconds or so that says "Antivirus software alert. Attention ! spyware alert. Vulnerbilities found. Your computer is infected by spyware - 34 serious threats have been found while scanning your files and registry… and then it tells you to upgrade to full version of antivirus software to clean your computer. It gives options to click on activate antivirus software, it pops up the trojan on the subject line. Then it also pops up internet explorer and a security warning that says a msntask.exe has a virus and cannot be executed. It asks do I want to activate my antivirus software now? If I click yes, it opens up an internet browser window and my Avast software detects the trojan in the subject line. If I click no, it closes, but pops back up in a few more seconds. I cannot click the x at the top right to close the window. On my computer: Avast SpywareBlaster Spybot s&d I cannot open spywareblaster or Spybot because when I do, I get the message: Security Warning: Application cannot be executed the file _____(whatever file I try to run) is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now? I tried to download malware bytes antimalware program on another computer and install it via flashdrive, but the computer gives me the same message with the security warning above saying that mbam.exe is infected. I ran a full system scan with Avast and it came up with no viruses. Please help!! Thanks.
I suggest you Start Here. Then please post the reguested logs in HERE .
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line…"I am unable to run any malware tools"

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

If we have tried to resolve your issue here first then please add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI