So i'm building my own gaming pc and my question is what comes after the build? Do I have to set anything up I know how to install the OS but is there anything that comes after? Do i need to install drivers for my gpu or anything?
One more question I have is, will my gpu be able to run 2 monitors with no problems?
Hey Viper,
That GPU should be fine, as long as you don't expect to play on two screens at 1080p each.
After installing the OS, you will need to install all the drivers. There should be a disk with your motherboard that should get you up and running. Once you get connected to the internet, just let Windows update the rest. If you're using Linux instead you may need to search for drivers yourself. My advice is to do this before you build your new machine and put it on a USB stick. That way you can save some time.
Good luck!
I've had another question come up, how will I be able to check if my ram is running at the correct speed. I've been searching the web and read some cases where people had to go into their BIOS and change something to make sure their ram was running at the correct speed. Sorry for the questions I just want to make sure I get this right the first time through. Thanks you!
It will tell you what speed your RAM is running and what timings it's using. You might need to go into the BIOS if the timings or speed are wrong, but you should be okay. Keep an eye out on your CPU Clock Speed too. As long as you update your BIOS at the beginning, you should be fine, but in new builds there can be a possibility that the CPU could be running at the wrong speed.
But like I said, just update your BIOS once you've put it all together and it should be fine.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI