This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

CPU must be a track star!

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok guys you have helped me in the past so here i go again with a new laptop with a new problem.. For some reason my cpu is always running at 100% I do not know what it is, I have went to the task manager and stopped any unneeded programs but a few mins later its right back at 100% I have even went as far as going to msconfig and putting a stop to any unwanted startup features but yet i am still running at 100%. what do i need to do to fix this before it causes any damage to my system.. I have a HP dv6-1375dx running 7 ultimate 64 bit
Hi darqness75,

Sorry for the delay!

:welcome:

My name is NightWizard and I will be your helper. :)

While I go through your log, I would very much appreciate it if you read the following.

  • I aim provide you with the best instructions possible to resolve your issue. However, I ask that you understand that malware is complex and the process usually takes a few attempts before successfully cleaning everything out. In severe cases cleaning may not be possible and a reformat may be our only option.
  • If you are unresponsive to this thread within three days, the thread will be locked due to inactivity. However, if you will be away, let us know and we will be sure to keep the thread open.
  • Please do not make any new threads about this issue here or any other malware removal forum; it wastes other helpers' time and it can be dangerous for your PC.
  • If you don't understand a set of instructions or you are having trouble performing some of the fix, don't panic! Let me know and I will be happy to help in any way I can.
  • Please remember that the absence of symptoms does not mean you are clean. I request that you stick to this log until the very end - I will inform you when your system is clean.
  • Please do not use any tools other than the ones I instruct you to use. Some of the tools available can be dangerous if used incorrectly.

Please be advised that I am still in training at this forum. My posts will be checked by experts before I post in this thread. This is to ensure you get the best possible help available. This may cause delay however I will do my best to limit the time gaps between posts.



Thanks for choosing WhatTheTech and I will be back with a fix shortly! :)


-NightWizard
We will need to get a log from you to determine any problems :)

Please download OTL from one of the following links
  • LINK 1
  • LINK 2
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in;

    netsvcs
    drivers32 /all
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\*.wt
    %systemroot%\system32\*.ruy
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.dll
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini2
    %systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.tmp
    %systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\user32.dll /md5
    %systemroot%\system32\ws2_32.dll /md5
    %systemroot%\system32\ws2help.dll /md5
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI