Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

After malware removal no internet connection.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark_Shparkz

Mark_Shparkz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hi guys, Sorry if this seems like a lot of other posts on here. I recently deleted a malware thing pretending to be a anti-virus application. Before I go on sorry if my words aren't great when it comes to the tech speak. Since I did the malware removal I am unable to get online on the desktop pc, although I can connect through the girlfriends laptop. I am unsure of what details you require but I'll give you some of my pc's spec and hopefully we can go from there! System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 Registered to : Mark 76487-OEM-0011903-00102 Computer: Intel ® Celeron ® CPU 2.66Ghz 2.66Ghz, 521MB of RAM if thats the wrong info sorry, I have just found system information and it says on the Internet>file versions and it shows iecont.dll and iecontlc.dll both not available could this be the source? And if so can i replace them? Many thanks for your time and help in advance it's really appreciated. Regards Mark

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hi Mark, welcome to WhatTheTech.

Could use a bit more information though :D

What is the make and model number of your computer?

How did you delete the fake AV infection? Were you following directions from somewhere? If so can you post a link to the thread please.

I would also like to know how you connect to the Internet? Is it via a cable or DSL modem? Do you have a Router? If so, are you using a Ethernet connection or a Wireless connection?

Click on Start then Run and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as show, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown