Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

restore MSO's file when not be saved!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 n'tQ-boy

n'tQ-boy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hey Guys! sometimes, when I am editing or typing some doccuments, the power be cut while I did not save! Some my docs be very important, so someone know how to find them out plz tell me! Thanks a lot! ----------- ♥tình yêu không lời! ♥
♥ tình yêu không lời ♥
who wanna learn Vietnamese, contact me: Y!M songokute_ntq
;)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

Your only option depends on the "autosave" feature of your word processor. Microsoft Word periodically saves a copy of your file automatically. This helps to reduce the amount of data loss in the event of a crash or power failure. When you start Word back up, it should provide you with a list of files it has a partial copy of. Because the data that you are typing resides only in random access memory, then when their is a power failure, there is absolutely NO way to recover that data unless it was saved somewhere. So, the best advice here is, always save often (an art I learned years ago. The combination of Alt-F,S is so second nature I do it almost after every sentence I type or every line of code I change), and/or utilize the "autosave" features of your word processor.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 n'tQ-boy

n'tQ-boy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

thks! <3
♥ tình yêu không lời ♥
who wanna learn Vietnamese, contact me: Y!M songokute_ntq
;)

#4 jtbrown

jtbrown

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:16 AM

Hi,

Press Ctrl+S every few minutes. But if you still lose unsaved document, use special software. Word and Excel, creates temporary files during editing. These files can be recovered by using, for example, FileInternals Office Recovery.

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Hi jtbrown,

Welcome to WTT Forums. :wavey:

You may already have noticed that the Topic Thread to which you responded is a few months old.
Hopefully the original poster has already solved his problem.

Thanks, though, for your additional contribution.

Hopefully, most folks can guard against this type of problem by frequent and regular saving of their work document as you and others suggest.
In some cases, it may come down to a Paid Product such as what you suggest.

For further information, have you used that product yourself?
Are there any cautions or risks of which a user should be made aware?

Thanks,

Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#6 jtbrown

jtbrown

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi Doug, I wrote this post on the forum thinking that someone else may be the same problem. As for FI Office Recovery, I test the demo version downloaded from their website. Just installed the program and scan disk. Program has found a lot of documents, whose existence on my computer I did not know (the documentation and so on). And the program has found my documents that were deleted a few years ago, I already forgot about them. It was fun to return to his own life a few years ago :)

#7 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.