Lee
it said 393 min and 443 recommended
didn't bother putting the cooling system because it wasnt listed
thats a very cool site!
OK, did a revisit of that site (much more accurate than the New Egg site Calculator ..they sell PSU's) and here are both our results and unless your daughters PC has something in it drawing heaps of power besides an average CPU, you must have entered some wrong information into the PSU calculator.
If you truly want to, let me know the PC's actual hardware and I'll re-check it for you.
So, here we go with the results from my site visit.
My system's power needs at 90% load:
AMD Athlon 2.7MGz CPU {replaced a 2.4GHz CPU a few days ago), a power hungry 9800GT Radeon HD 9 series card
6 fans total, 2 DVD optical drives and a special CPU and V/card cooler.
1x7200rpm HD
2 sticks of RAM.
I have a 550w PSU which is far more power than I need (a bit of future proofing).
————————
Min. 262w
Recommended: 312w
———————-
Your system at 90% load and I'm probably overstating your daughters system's hardware and chose a card which is a series up from the one you bought. A hypothetical system that a $50 card might go into.
Radeon HD 4 series card.
!xHD 7200rpm.
CPU: AMD64 Athlon 2.4MHz (draws a lot more current than modern CPu's)
4 fans
2 DVD optical drives
2 sticks of RAM.
Results:
—————————————
Minimum PSU power 220w
Recommended 270w
—————————————
There you go. Case closed
Cheers,
Lee.