This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need simple XP instructions please?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi everyone! Geeks To Go is down. They directed me here! (I sure hate hearing they are being targeted by hackers - they don't deserve that!).

But, here is my simple problem. For the past 3 months or longer, my Windows XP isn't alphabetizing "My Documents". It just adds new saves in the order it's received at the end of all my documents.

So, what I have is 1/2 alphabetized and another 1/2 I have to scan through to find what I want sort of by the date I remembered saving it.

It's so bad that I've just been using "Search" and getting it fast.

Can anyone tell me how to reset whatever I need to do to get "My Documents" alphabetized again?

Thanks for any help! Pennie77
Welcome to the forum Pennie77. OK, nice and simple as asked for: 1. Open my Documents 2. in a blank area of the page, right click 3. Select 'arrange icons by' 4. Select 'Name' Problem solved mate!
Lee! Thank you SO MUCH! I tried to send you a personal THANK YOU message, but the forum says I'm not allowed to yet or something. Don't know why.

Hope you get my thanks!

Pennie77 :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI