Ztruker
Topic Starter
This MS article tells you how to setup your computer so Windows Explorer and other file system managers like PowerDesk will use what is called a Natural sort order (how a person would sort things) rather than the default XP sort order: sort order for files and folders whose names contain numerals
This used to work, but I just tried it and it doesn't seem to have any effect on my XP Pro + SP3 system. I don't know if this is a SP3 bug or has been this way for awhile and I'm not about to uninstall SP3 to find out, so, is anyone else using this with any success?
I just tried this on my older web server running SP2 that has not been updated since January of 2007 and it works correctly.
Hmmm, just tried this on my laptop which is still at SP2 but has all windows updates applied and it doesn't work there either. Some update between 1/2007 and now messed it up, rats. Too bad as I really like things sorted correctly.
This used to work, but I just tried it and it doesn't seem to have any effect on my XP Pro + SP3 system. I don't know if this is a SP3 bug or has been this way for awhile and I'm not about to uninstall SP3 to find out, so, is anyone else using this with any success?
I just tried this on my older web server running SP2 that has not been updated since January of 2007 and it works correctly.
Hmmm, just tried this on my laptop which is still at SP2 but has all windows updates applied and it doesn't work there either. Some update between 1/2007 and now messed it up, rats. Too bad as I really like things sorted correctly.