Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Aegis & WLAN Transport

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fishpig

fishpig

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi All, I've been sorting out my girlfriend's Sony Vaio laptop out by removing some applications that I thought weren't needed. Everything works fine except I'm having a few issues with the NIC. On my network, the Wireless works fine, however on my girlfriends home network there are several problems. The main problem is that the network constantly connects and disconnects. This happens once or twice every minute and I can find no way to fix this. She uses a Netgear router (2200BG). I have download the drivers from the Intel website and installed them but the problem remains. One thing I have noticed is that in the NIC properties box, the Aegis and WLAN Transport items are missing (they were there before and are there on another laptop that works fine). I have the option to install the WLAN Transport protocol, however, it prompts me for a file, which I don't have (I assume it's on the original disc, however my girlfriend can't find it!). I've been working on this for a week and would appreciate any help and guidance you can offer. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

From a few threads I've found about this, it looks like a problem with the Intel ProSet Wireless installation. See this thread (IBM computer but the wireless part and missing Aegis & WLAN are the same: http://forum.thinkpa...pic.php?t=29939 (see post near bottom by antera309).

One alternative that would save you a lot of time, would be to backup her data, then use Sony Recovery (either from hidden hard drive partition at boot time, via recovery CD or perhaps a Start Menu / Sony item) to put the system back to it's factory installed state. You would then have to apply SP3 and updates if necessary then restore the saved data, but this could all be done in 1/2 day or so.

Another possibility would be to use System Restore to go back to a time before this problem started happening.

Edited by Ztruker, 16 June 2010 - 05:57 PM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown