This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Transfer of data files to new PC

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys, I'm trying to shut down my old tired PC but would like to transfer a bunch of data files before retiring it. How can I insure that I won't copy a virus or some other malware that's lurking in the old files. My system comes up clean with scans but I want to be sure. My old unit is really running slow, is noisy, and isn't long for this web. Thanks in advance Jeff
Hi, if you believe that your data is harbouring infections or malicious code, despite coming up clear with the malware scans you have performed, then it might be best to visit our malware removal forum and post the required logs of your machine so that an expert malware fighter can assist you.
More information available from here.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Are_you_Infe…lp_t106388.html
I hope they will be able to set your mind at rest……or get the files cleaned up if your suspicions are correct.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI