This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems Again, Fixes Not Working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Back here again, third time now.

Computer I'm having trouble with, first got the Security Tool virus, I was helped with that in this thread:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…view=getnewpost


Then, a few days later, it suddenly turned off when I had left it on, and when I turned it back on again, I couldnt connect to the internet, I was helped in this thread:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…view=getnewpost


Basically, winsockXPfix fixed the problem and allowed me to connect to the internet again.

Now, a few days ago, same problem: computer mysteriously turned off, same connection problems. Used Dial-a-Fix and winsockXPfix again, and neither fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.
Hi sorry to hear the problems have cropped up again…. I took a look at your topics and in particular your logs in your malware removal thread…..its seems you failed to respond to CatBytes directions and your topic was closed over there due to inactivity…….. Had you continued with your malware cleaning then in the final stages once your machine was clean, you would have been given directions on how to create a new, clean System Restore Point, and then how to purge all previously created restore points (the infected ones). It would then have been relatively simply to restore your system to the recently made clean restore point to hopefully regain Internet access. It looks as though this action may no longer available…and its problematic that any of your System Restore Points would work………. If you have no clean system Restore Point that is working then even if you could get a previously created System Restore Point to work it would likely have the effect of reintroducing the viruses and malicious elements, that CatByte helped you to remove previously… It may be best to go back to the malware removal forum and finish off the job, or after checking that your back up/copy/archive is 100% up to date accurate, and kept safe on removable media consider a repair install of Window to see if this will help. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI