Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91701 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Debugger & Runtime Errors in IE 7

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rob1960

Rob1960

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

I use IE 7 and get alot of Runtime Error messages, asking if I want to Debug. I've installed Miscrosoft fix it 50043.msi several times with no results. Also, I've tried to check the IE setting "Disable Script Debugging" [ Tools>Options>Advanced>Disable Script Debugging ] but it won't hold. As soon as I open the browser to another window, the check mark vanishes. I've run Malwarebytes and Stopzilla, as well as running Avira Premium. Everything come up clean. What should I do now? thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hi Rob1960. The majority of internet explorer related issues are caused by problematic third party add-ons. This includes toolbars like Yahoo, Google, MSN/Live, and others. A highly effective means of repairing issues like these is to reset internet explorer which will disable all these third party add-ons and reset settings that may have become corrupted. In order to do so, go into control panel, open Internet Options and click the Advanced tab. Click the RESET button and perform the reset. When finished, open Internet Explorer back up and see how it works now. You will notice personal settings such as homepage are set to defaults. This is normal.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Rob1960

Rob1960

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

Document2.jpg I followed your suggestion, rebooted, and when I opened IE I still got the attached Runtime Error. Can you help further? Thanks

#4 Rob1960

Rob1960

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

I just RESET my IE 7 [ Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced tab> RESET button. ] trying to get rid of Runtime Debugger Error messages. It didn't stop the Error Messages, and also now I can't change any home page settings. I keep getting a "one time" screen telling me to choose my home page and turn on the phishing filter. I follow the instructions exactly, but the new settings don't hold. When I close and reopen IE I get the same "one time" page again. I feel like something else is controling my system. But Malwarebytes and Stopzilla still give a clean report. would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

Hi, until appleoddity has a chance to get back to you, try downloading Mozilla Firefox from here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
install it and see if that does the same thing... or if its a bit better behaved than IE......
If it does the trick then you can either stick with Firefox or uninstall IE and then download again,and reinstall (don't forget a reboot in between).

You mention that you have checked for malicious code......but if the above does not result in a fix then, if there is any chance that any operator of your machine has been using it, and opened for example an unexpected attachment to an email, or has left the machine unpatched....
(one wonders why you are not using the laatest version of IE)
or has let the bi directional firewall, or anti spyware or antivirus become out of date...or has just visited a website that harbours, distributes and propagates malicious code....then a trip over to the forums run by our malware removal experts might be wise.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

Hi Rob. The new problem you speak of is a typical IE7 problem. In my opinion, the best route to go right now is to upgrade to IE8 which will help to not only reinstall IE but will fix this current problem you have also. Then let us know how things are working. Again, like I said, the majority of problems with IE are caused by third party add-ons, and I have no doubt it is the same for you to. Either an add-on or some other piece of software is causing the problem. I do have a question for you though. Does this script error happen on any webpage?

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.

#7 Rob1960

Rob1960

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

The Debugger Errors seem to occur with just about any sort of webpage. It fired off just now as I oppened Whatthetech. In this case, when I clicked NO I didn't want to debug, it didn't ask again. But sometimes it will not go away and I have to close everything and reopen.

#8 Rob1960

Rob1960

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

I can't be sure, but I've had the feeling this and several other problems became acute several weeks ago when I downloaded a Windows Update from Microsoft. Don[t remember what the update was.

#9 Rob1960

Rob1960

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

I just installed Foxfire. Thanks for the suggestion. My computer has never gone faster. And no error messages. Thanks.

#10 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Please let me know when and if you follow my previous instructions to try and fix IE. If you just want to use Firefox that is fine too. But, you'll probably need IE sooner or later.

#11 Rob1960

Rob1960

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

thanks to all of you. I just posted a new question about specific issues and questions with IE. How do I end this topic? I think I'm answered on this one. And helped a lot. thanks.

#12 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

hi Rob just leave the topic.....other folks at a later date who have similar problems will be able to find this topic and the suggestions via their search engine.... Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate