This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Debugger & Runtime Errors in IE 7

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I use IE 7 and get alot of Runtime Error messages, asking if I want to Debug. I've installed Miscrosoft fix it 50043.msi several times with no results. Also, I've tried to check the IE setting "Disable Script Debugging" [ Tools>Options>Advanced>Disable Script Debugging ] but it won't hold. As soon as I open the browser to another window, the check mark vanishes. I've run Malwarebytes and Stopzilla, as well as running Avira Premium. Everything come up clean. What should I do now? thanks
Hi Rob1960. The majority of internet explorer related issues are caused by problematic third party add-ons. This includes toolbars like Yahoo, Google, MSN/Live, and others. A highly effective means of repairing issues like these is to reset internet explorer which will disable all these third party add-ons and reset settings that may have become corrupted. In order to do so, go into control panel, open Internet Options and click the Advanced tab. Click the RESET button and perform the reset. When finished, open Internet Explorer back up and see how it works now. You will notice personal settings such as homepage are set to defaults. This is normal.
I just RESET my IE 7 [ Control Panel> Internet Options> Advanced tab> RESET button. ] trying to get rid of Runtime Debugger Error messages. It didn't stop the Error Messages, and also now I can't change any home page settings. I keep getting a "one time" screen telling me to choose my home page and turn on the phishing filter. I follow the instructions exactly, but the new settings don't hold. When I close and reopen IE I get the same "one time" page again. I feel like something else is controling my system. But Malwarebytes and Stopzilla still give a clean report. would appreciate any other suggestions. Thanks
Hi, until appleoddity has a chance to get back to you, try downloading Mozilla Firefox from here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
install it and see if that does the same thing… or if its a bit better behaved than IE……
If it does the trick then you can either stick with Firefox or uninstall IE and then download again,and reinstall (don't forget a reboot in between).

You mention that you have checked for malicious code……but if the above does not result in a fix then, if there is any chance that any operator of your machine has been using it, and opened for example an unexpected attachment to an email, or has left the machine unpatched….
(one wonders why you are not using the laatest version of IE)
or has let the bi directional firewall, or anti spyware or antivirus become out of date…or has just visited a website that harbours, distributes and propagates malicious code….then a trip over to the forums run by our malware removal experts might be wise.
Regards
paws
Hi Rob. The new problem you speak of is a typical IE7 problem. In my opinion, the best route to go right now is to upgrade to IE8 which will help to not only reinstall IE but will fix this current problem you have also. Then let us know how things are working. Again, like I said, the majority of problems with IE are caused by third party add-ons, and I have no doubt it is the same for you to. Either an add-on or some other piece of software is causing the problem. I do have a question for you though. Does this script error happen on any webpage?
The Debugger Errors seem to occur with just about any sort of webpage. It fired off just now as I oppened Whatthetech. In this case, when I clicked NO I didn't want to debug, it didn't ask again. But sometimes it will not go away and I have to close everything and reopen.
I can't be sure, but I've had the feeling this and several other problems became acute several weeks ago when I downloaded a Windows Update from Microsoft. Don[t remember what the update was.
I just installed Foxfire. Thanks for the suggestion. My computer has never gone faster. And no error messages. Thanks.
Please let me know when and if you follow my previous instructions to try and fix IE. If you just want to use Firefox that is fine too. But, you'll probably need IE sooner or later.
thanks to all of you. I just posted a new question about specific issues and questions with IE. How do I end this topic? I think I'm answered on this one. And helped a lot. thanks.
hi Rob just leave the topic…..other folks at a later date who have similar problems will be able to find this topic and the suggestions via their search engine…. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI