This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

email works, internet doesn't

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm hoping you can help me. I've been dealing with some trojan horses, and I think I have gotten those cleaned out now. However, in the process I went through and deleted the folder of a "antivirus" program (antispyware soft was the name of the spyware) that it had installed. After running a scan on Avast and spybot, I rebooted. Upon rebooting I found that my email, which I access through Outlook, works, but when I pull up internet it does not load. It says it detects a connection but can't load at this time. My os is Xp. Can anyone tell me how to get my internet back?
Hi, you had a topic open here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Internet_sec…496#entry620496
but never responded to CatBytes instructions……

That topic has now been closed. Its best for you to open a new topic over in the malware removal forum, so that the experts there can check your machine for any lingering malicious code….
Once your machine has been checked over by them… post back in this topic here if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI