Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Do I Need A Popup Blocker?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stephmz

stephmz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:23 years old

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:47 PM

i am getting popups all of the time for the last couple of days, i did a hijacklog in another forum and someone had me remove my dogpile toolbar which had my popup blocker on it, i was wondering if i dont have a popup blocker will i keep getting popups, and he had me remove other things, so now i'm wondering if i got rid of whatever it was that was causing the popups but am getting popups now just because i get rid of my popup blocker, i hope that's not confusing, also i hope it is not a stupid question lol.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 SevenOwl

SevenOwl

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Is there anything else?

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:53 AM

The google toolbar has a pop-up blocker and is pretty safe to use. There are alternative browsers out there as well, which quite a few have built in pop-up blockers as well if you wanted to try that route. As you will most certainly come across pop-ups of some sort now-a-days on the net. :)

Google toolbar

Some browser related links to check out:

FireFox
MyIE2
Avant Browser
SlimBrowser

Hope That helps, feel free to ask any questions about other browsers etc, many on here use alternatives. I myself Use MyIE2.