This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Ms office 2003 verses Ms office 2007

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

tell me your perceptive: which one do you prefer to work professionally: 1) MS - Office 2003 or 2) MS- Office 2007
with most of my customers the deciding factor has been the new ribbon interface on 2007…some folks love it others hate it…..a few switched to 2007 found they couldn't get on at all, with the ribbon interface, and have asked me to reinstate the 2003 menu type interface for them…this is easy to do and the software is very inexpensive..about £15 (GBP) or say $22 (USD) Regards paws
Personally, i love the 2007 ribbon interface…it gives MSO 2007 great looks and beauty :) and i found no difficulty using that
The ribbon takes some getting used to. It also takes up a lot of space if your screen is not so big, so I often minimize it when I'm taking screen shots or working with large images. The main problems I've found with Office 2007 are the "save as" functions. To save a word document as a .pdf, which was an option in 2003, you have to download and install a special plugin. There is also no option to save an excel file as a .dbf. I am still looking for the solution to that problem. kat
Hi kat and welcome to the WTT forums.
:welcome:
If you still have a previous version of MS Excel available then this would be a possible solution.
With MSOffrice 2007 there are a number of features that have been "deprecated" and unfortunately some of the .dbf facility is one of them.
However if you take a look here
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/excel/archive/2006…ndex=4#comments
There's a list of some of the DBase file formats that are still available.
Regards
paws
If you want to upgrade, Word 2010 has reinstated the pdf option. As an IT tutor in Microsoft Office, I must admit I thoroughly disliked the massive changes in the 2007 version but 2010 is more user-friendly. Satchfan