Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Which language leads market?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

Hello! I wanna know which programming language is demanded most in market? for example if one has an option to cover one language then what should he choose in order to survive in market.?...Thankyou

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:52 AM

To survive in todays market, you should not learn a programming language. Instead, you should learn how to program.

The idea is that a genuinely 'good' programmer can pick up a new language very quickly, because they know how to program with a variety of paradigms (object-oriented, procedural, functional), and using a new language is just a case of learning the syntax.

I understand that this isn't really the answer you're looking for, but I'm afraid its the truth. Learning a single language is incredibly limiting in any case, and it is not unlikely that a job may require you to use multiple languages and tools to get the job done.

To go back to your original question, it depends entirely on which market you are looking at, and what kind of companies you are going for. I can't stress the above points enough, but if you are looking to gain specific language skills to impress an employer, then you really need to look at what that particular employer wants, as this will differ greatly from company to company. If you can demonstrate that you can program and can adapt to new languages easily, then an employer won't reject you just because you don't know the language they use.

For example, games developers are usually required to have (among other skills) fluency and experience in C++, whereas Windows application developers are often required to use the .NET framework with C# or VB. These are just a couple of areas within the overall development industry, and again, different employers want different things.

So, the best advice I can give you is to learn how to program, and then look at your target employers/market and see what skills they are looking for.

Proud Graduate of the TC/WTT Classroom

At weekends (GMT) I may not be able to reply promptly due to various commitments. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Need help remembering those important computer maintenance tasks? Let SCars do it for you.

Posted Image

#3 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:34 AM

Hi,

As Jp says, it depends on the employer and learning in-depth a programming language is an excellent start as learning other languages after that would be easier. If you're still learning how to program then choose which language you would like to 'master' and stick with it till you are very comfortable with it, the rest follows.

On the matter of which language. Your choice. Here (Philippines), most of what I see in the job ads are as follows (not that am looking all of it :P ):

Java (this can be JSE or JEE, not much on JME)
.Net (VB, C#, Asp)
Php

and on somewhat rare occasions, Delphi. :scratch:

Proud graduate of WTT Classroom

The help we provide here is free, however, if you wish to donate, you can do so here: http://www.whatthetech.com/donate/

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#4 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

ok thanks and do not worry your message is totally conveyed :)