Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Need Help With A Picture

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Gaming, Computers & Drinks With Friends.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

Hey people!

I am just wondering if there is anybody here who is good at making images look better.

I don't have Photoshop but I do have an image. This image looks a bit tacky, not smooth and not professional.

Posted Image

The a photograph of the house with BC in it and then tried to make it look better through pain (Took about an hour or so...) but it still looked tacky.

I am just wondering if anyone could make this image look a lot more smooth and professional. I would appreciate it a LOT.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

You came to a tech forum for an artist? :) Those are two differnet portions of the brain. :scratch: Maybe you can be more specific what you are asking for. Why does this look tacky to you? And what are you hoping to see?

Edited by appleoddity, 29 May 2010 - 09:56 AM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hi,

You may need an image manipulation software such as Photoshop or Gimp to tweak your image. Try using Gimp, and here is a list of their tutorial. It would be good if you do this on your own as you follow the tutorial as you will also be learning from it. :)

Proud graduate of WTT Classroom

The help we provide here is free, however, if you wish to donate, you can do so here: http://www.whatthetech.com/donate/

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#4 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

Hey, thanks for the replies. Ok tacky may be the wrong word, more like choppy. I just want it to looks more professional. More smooth. I'll check out either Photoshop or Gimp soon enough and see what it can do. Thanks.

Posted Image

#5 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

Now I understand. I do see the granularity of it. This is due to your resolution of the image. There is no way to enhance the image because it is technically impossible to add more information that doesn't exist. In order to fix the graphic you would have to redraw the shapes and fonts on a new image that is rendered at a higher resolution.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.

#6 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

I normally wouldn't do this, but here you go :

Original size :
Posted Image

Medium :
Posted Image

I have also got one which is very large at 3000 x 789 . That should suffice for printing. Unfortunately Photobucket automatically scales down images that big, so I would have to sent it to you in some other way.

Reworked it from scratch, hence why the fonts are a little different.

Hope that helps,
Nahumi
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..

#7 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:57 AM

That really looks nice. Great work!

#8 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Better than what I could have done. :thumbup:

Proud graduate of WTT Classroom

The help we provide here is free, however, if you wish to donate, you can do so here: http://www.whatthetech.com/donate/

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#9 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

Great work! That looks really very nice.

#10 Stargon

Stargon

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Web & Graphic Design

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

I don't know if this'll work, but if you did have Photoshop (I got a 6.0 version, but it's still good enough to fix images) you could use the blur tool to smooth the lines on the side of house a bit. This is just an idea to brighten things, hopefully it'll help.
Stargon
Graphic & Web Designer (HTML & CSS only)

#11 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Excellent!! Thank you very much Nahumi!

Posted Image