This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Browser redirect

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:pullhair: I was this close {} to pulling out the sledgehamer! Everytime I do a web search and click on one of the results, the www.ohtnoenriga.com site pops up and redirects me to different site. I have run Malwarebytes (updated earlier today) and Norton (Hey Norton!) with no success. I can neot seem to find a lot of posts to he,lp resolve the issue and any help would be appreciated (and prevent me from pulling out the sledgehammer)
Hello and Welcome to the forums!

My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Somethings to remember while we are working together.

1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!
3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.

If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.

I would like to get a look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.


DeFogger:

  • Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

    Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
  • The application window will appear
  • Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
  • Click Yes to continue
  • A 'Finished!' message will appear
  • Click OK
  • DeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OK
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.
IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.

Download DDS:

  • Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:

    [external image: Posted Image]
    Download DDS and save it to your desktop

    Link1
    Link2
    Link3

    Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

    • Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
    • Shortly after two logs will appear:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
  • Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
  • Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply

Gmer

Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here.
  • Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO

    🖼Click to load external image (Posted Image)
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries


Note: Do not run any programs while Gmer is running.


information and logs:

In your next post I need the following

1.logs from DDS
2.log from GMER
3.let me know of any problems you may have had

Gringo
Hello

three day bump

It has been Three days since my last post.

  • do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 24hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Gringo
Gringo- Thank you for helping! I was able to run DeFogger and DDS, but my system freezes when I run GMER, I recieved the blue screen of death when I ran it the first time, cleaned up some disc space and ran it again and it froze, unfortunitly I was not able to see where it froze. I can send the other logs if that would help or if I should run something else please let me know. I apologize for not getting right back to you, I travel for work and the issue is on my desktop at home. Many thanks for the assist! hunt4trout (matt)
Hello

It may be helpful for you to print out or take a copy of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.



I would like you to delete the Gmer you have now and download this version from here.

GMER:

I would like you to download this "special version of gmer." and save it to your desktop.

  • Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
[external image: Posted Image]
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • devices(don't miss this one) <–this one is different than the picture
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries

If Gmer runs then please give me the log and pass on the next step.

If Gmer still does not run and Only if it don't run please do the following.

I would like you to try and run Gmer in Safe mode to enter safe mode do the following.

Boot into Safe Mode

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.
  • If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power.
  • Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
  • Login on your usual account.

If Gmer does run to the end please send me the log in your next reply and If it still does not run please let me know and we will try something else

"information and logs"

  • In your next post I need the following

  • log from Gmer
  • let me know of any problems you may have had
  • How is the computer doing now?

Gringo
Hello

three day bump

It has been Three days since my last post.

  • do you still need help with this?
  • do you need more time?
  • are you having problems following my instructions?
  • if after 24hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed!

Gringo

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI