Hi,
I use both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox for browsing, however the search result keeps redirected me to another site (ads sites) from the link I originally click. I have to click 2 - 3 times before it gets me to the right page. It's very frustrating.
I tried complete scan using Avira Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Super Anti Spyware and finally detected 252 infections, which were quarantined. But it doesn't seem to solve the problem. Lastly, I download hijackthis.exe. Here I attached the log for further assessment
How to I remove these adware? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Malware Logs can sometimes take a lot of time to research and interpret.
Please be patient while I try to assist with your problem. If at any time you do not understand what is required, please ask for further explanation.
Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
Read every reply you receive carefully and thoroughly before carrying out the instructions. You may also find it helpful to print out the instructions you receive, as in some instances you may have to disconnect your computer from the Internet.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not reply after 5 days your thread will be closed.
Please be aware that I am still in training, and all of my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advice.
This may cause a delay in response time, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
Double click on the DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run).
When done, DDS.txt will open.
After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
Save both reports to your desktop.
Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in your next reply.
Please scan your system with GMER
Please download GMER from here and save the file to your desktop.
NOTE: The saved ".exe" file will have a completely random name. This is normal.
You can also download the zipped GMER program from here, here or here.
If you download GMER from one of the zipped links, unzip the file (called gmer.zip) to your desktop.
Before scanning, please make sure that all other running programs are closed and that no other actions (such as a scheduled antivirus scan) will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.
Double click on the "randomname.exe" or "gmer.exe" to run the program.
Caution! These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT"entries unless advised!
If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
Click on "NO".
In the right panel, you will see a number of boxes that have check marks placed next to them.
Leave these boxes as they are, but please ensure that the "Show all" box is un-checked.
Now click the "Scan" button.
Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity. This is normal.
Click on "OK".
GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt".
Save the file where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Post the contents of GMER.txt in your next reply.
In your next reply please provide the DDS logs and the GMER log.
Please note: There is no need to attach the logs, just post them directly into your reply.