This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] AntiVirus XP and Your Protection

40 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HI Tom - this is probably our last conversation. The Apr 2010 disc did a "parallel" install, not a repair install. Saved all the files etc and installed a "new" copy of XP over the other one with all default settings. No programs were saved and will need to be installed. Drivers will need updating from Dell. I need to establish all new user profiles, accounts, etc. I wasn't aware that this disc had the repair facility removed. I followed the prompts and it was giving me closely similar prompts but wasn't exactly as the Doug Knox article described. And, so we have a "new" copy of XP to work with. It's OK though, we have it working now. I'm very sorry this took so long and it seems now like it was a waste of time. I will send in a donation to WTT later today. H
Thanks for letting me know. One note: When you now have two xp installations, it would be better to save your data and reformat everything, and reinstall one xp. So the system will be clean and fine.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI