Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

ie 7, close all tabs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

Most times when I use ie7 if I have more than 1 window open, say google search and a page that I have gone to from the results page. If I can't go back using the back button and have to close the window at the top right hand side I get a box up asking do I want to close all tabs. If I click no, I can't get away from this page back to the google search. If I click yes all windows close including the google search page. I then have to start my search over again. This can also happen if I go straight to a site I want then click on a link on that page. If I have to close the second window at the top right hand corner I get the same message and everything closes. I have looked in Internet options to see if I can change the way web pages close, but can't find any settings to change. Anyone know if this is supposed to happen or if it can be changed, or is this a sign of malware although my security programmes haven't picked up anything. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:16 AM

You should not have any trouble closing tabs, you have probably just missed what to do, now to begin with when you go to close the browser with more than 1 tab open, it comes up and asks you if you want to close all the tabs, or just the current tab, it may be worth your updating to ie8 if you don't see that option, as this is the latest version. But the simplest way to close a tab is close it directly, take notice of each tab, now look at the right hand corner of the visible pages tab, you will see an x there, click on that and it will close that tab alone, this should sort your problem, hope it helps.

Braindead