This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

C:\windows\system32\Dllhost.exe box, won't go away&

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hi guys.. i just had windows 7 put on my computer and it was working fine for a few days, but now a box titled "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem", and the contents are: "C:\windows\system32\DllHost.exe The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:0000 IP:0075 OP:f0 00 f0 37 05, Choose 'Close' to terminate the application." I close it and it keeps coming back!!! Then it will go away for maybe 10 minutes, and it will return again. I am not sure what makes it pop up either…it comes up when I click on folders sometimes, and sometimes just seemingly randomly.. I tried to search google and couldnt find any solutions listed.. help please!! :o
I believe you have picked up some kind of Malware. Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI