Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cookies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:41 AM

Email sent to me by my brother, and yes it is one of those that have Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw:Fw: Read On Anyway ;-) Subject: Cookies Subject: Cookies Anyone?? A woman was waiting At an airport one night With several long hours Before her flight. She hunted for a book In the airport shop, Bought a bag of cookies And found a place to drop. She was engrossed in her book But happened to see, That the man sitting beside her, As bold as could be, Grabbed a cookie or two From the bag in between, Which she tried to ignore To avoid a scene. So she munched the cookies And watched the clock, As the gutsy cookie thief Diminished her stock. She was getting more irritated As the minutes ticked by, Thinking, "If I wasn't so nice, I would blacken his eye." With each cookie she took, He took one too, When only one was left, She wondered what he would do. With a smile on his face, And a nervous laugh, He took the last cookie And broke it in half. He offered her half, As he ate the other, She snatched it from him And thought... ooh, brother! This guy has some nerve And he's also rude, Why he didn't even show Any gratitude! She had never known When she had been so galled, And sighed with relief When her flight was called. She gathered her belongings And headed to the gate, Refusing to look back At the thieving ingrate. She boarded the plane, And sank in her seat, Then she sought her book, Which was almost complete. As she reached in her baggage, She gasped with surprise, There was her bag of cookies, In front of her eyes. If mine are here, She moaned in despair, The others were his, And he tried to share. Too late to apologize, She realized with grief, That she was the rude one, The ingrate, the thief! How many times have we absolutely known that something was a certain way, only to discover later that what we believed to be true...was not? "Always, Keep An Open Mind And An Open Heart, Because You Just Never Know..." (((HUGS)))
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

CEO - Chief Elvish Officer

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:30 AM

:lol: Hehe, yes it happens to all of us at one point in time. Wonder if the nervous laugh meant that he knew she thought they were hers.... ;)
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

#3 Zero

Zero

Not really Less Than One ;-)

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach.

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:22 PM

Edit for udder stupidity said in this phrase. --Zero.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_jsky_*

Guest_jsky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:49 PM

Seems the older we get, the more we need to be reminded of the little things.

#5 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Being able to climb out of bed on any given day.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:06 AM

Great reminder. Thanks Coyote for sharing that with us. Iam wondering how she treats her HUSBAND if she treats total strangers with such disrespect/nonchalant interest?? ;) Prehaps her Harliquin Romance novels need to take a Back Seat. getsteppin
MSI 266 K7 KT4 V mother board XP HOME SP2//1.2gig AMD/DURON..Does OK 786 SDRAM/SGDRAM 128 bit/333DDR ATI/Radon 9600SE card...well worth $$$ BitDefender Standard 8..awesome!! Puts Norton/Symantic to shame OutPost Firewall Pro ver. 2.5.370.4626 (370) AD-AWARE SE Personal MailWasher PRO..killer!! Benign (.b9) e-mail encoder.. requires no definiton updates..the best defense against e-mail buggs,virus's, attachments, web buggs and stuff I cant remember... from FireTrust.com

#6 wawadave

wawadave

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:38 PM

it would be embarrassing for sure!

#7 kpfiredpt

kpfiredpt

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:54 PM

Excellent story! Sometimes we just need to be humbled so that we may see clearly again.