This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help With Photo Album for a Website

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

If you want to make something like that, for a website, I'd suggest to look for two things :
1. First of all : a javascript library. jQuery is one of the best for now (NB : "one of the best" does only express my own opinion. Others may not agree. I don't wanna flame !)
=> google on jquery and study some tutorials. That's quite easy.

2. Secondly, what you call a photo album (with, I think the feature of having them turning after a few seconds) is what is commonly called a slideshow. Once again, slideshows like that are usually built on a javascript library. After having understood jQuery, you should try to search google for "jQuery slideshow". One of the matches is this page : http://www.themeflash.com/30-powerful-jque…-and-tutorials/ It seems interesting to explore… :D

Just have a look, pick and have fun building your site !!

Best regards,
Hi GaryORLFC,

Unfortunately your link is now broken, but I often use jQuery Cycle as a quick and dirty gallery slide show :

http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/

With a bit of creativity you can really flesh it out and customise it to your own needs. I find this is essential because existing pre-made galleries tend to be quite restrictive.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI