Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91702 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

computer locks up after awhile

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cablecon

cablecon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:17 AM

after using computer for a while it will just lock up and I will have to restart it. I have had the comp. cleaned of any maware and reloaded IE8. Any help is appreciated

Here is a link to what has been done so far

http://www.malwarere...o...83&p=510588

I also get thes errors

While running hijack this an error came up stating

Please help us improve hijack this by reporting this error
click yes to submit
Error details
An unexpected error has occurred at procedure : ModMain-StartScan()
Error #5- Invalid procedure call or argument
Windows version: windows NT 5.01.2600
MSIE Version 8.0.6001.18702
Hijack This version 2.0.2

Also got an error

16 Bit MS-Dos Subsystem
C:\PROGRAM~1\CONNEC~1smbios2.exe
NTVDM has encountered a system error
NTVDM has encountered a system error c0h choose 'close' to terminate the application

PC Pitstop scan

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=23406534

Edited by cablecon, 10 March 2010 - 01:25 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Download and install Everest 2.20
http://majorgeeks.co...wnload4181.html

Double-click on the Everest icon on your Desktop, or allow to run after installation.
You will notice some new colored squares down in the right-hand portion of your Task Bar, in the notification area near your clock/calendar
These will be temperature readings.

in the Everest 2.20 panel, Navigate to - Computer - Sensors
Create a Quick Report in Plain Text

Include the Quick Report - Sensors in your next reply.
____________________-

follow the recommendations in your PCPitstop OverDrive Full Tests - Results - Software - Processes
You can disable all of the items listed in the top section with yellow/orange background.
You can disable all of the items listen in the middle section with light blue background - user option.
Leave all the items listed in the bottom section with green background since these items are required.
___________________-

The kind of problem that you describe, of the machine locking up after a period of use can often be attributed to:

Heat
excess items running in background.

There may be other problems, but please perform the above and post the results in your next reply
Run a fresh instance of PCPitstop OverDrive Full Tests and post a new link to Results, after you have disabled as many items as you select per above.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 cablecon

cablecon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

Here are the reports. I couldn't find a few of the processes to disable. This thing is now locking up at random times and sometimes will give an error that it cannot load profile on startup that it is corrupt. I then restart it again and its fine until it locks up. I hope the disk isnt crappin out. Thanks

http://pcpitstop.com...;report=Summary

Attached Files

Edited by cablecon, 14 March 2010 - 07:09 PM.