This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AGH! I need help!

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:o So… my computer was working fine. We moved and had no internet connection for about a month. In that time we have tried to play on the computer, and was successful… the first couple of times… Then it started with the blue screen. I would promptly turn the computer off so as to avoid any costly damage. I just recently turned the internet back on (within the past week) and now it stopped…. no more blue screen. Well today, just now actually, out of the blue (no pun intended), it decided to do the crash screen. I have restarted it, and now am posting this message, and have yet to see it again. Please help me! What is happening and how can i fix it?! Thanks so much, Mrs. Ferguson
Record the info from the blue screen (BSOD) and post in a reply here.

What AV software are you using? You should have it run a full scan as well as download, install and run the free version of Malware Bytes Anti Malware (MBAM). Just do the Quick scan. Let it fix anything it finds.
i was using nortons 360, but it has expired on my so currently i am quite vulnerable. the next time i see the screen i will be sure to record it. thanks for the quick response!
I ran the Malwarbytes, the first time halfway through it, it did it again. I had no way to save the screen itself and it shut down before the dump completed, almost as if i turned the system off myself. The second time, I have just stood by to see if it would happen again but it has not. I ran MBAM again and the screen says I have 3 infected files. The print screen i tried to attach but cannot figure out the whole Insert Image procedure on your site. I am cautious to make any further action until I have consulted with someone. One of the files is a sysreserve file so like I said, I am cautious. (C:\ProgramData\sysReserve.ini - to be specific) The other two, are registry keys, one for ppcbooster, the other is to uninstall it. Once again thank you for your time.
See here: How to upload an Image into your Thread

Re: sysReserve.ini, everything I've found so far indicates that is a malicious file and needs to be deleted.

You need to get a good AV program installed immediately. Surfing the web or even reading E-mail without it is like playing Russian Roulette, only 5 of the 6 chambers have bullets instead of one :pullhair:

There are quite a few good, free AV programs available:
Microsoft Security Essentials I use this on Windows 7 Pro
Avast Free Antivirus I install this on most XP systems I work on
Avira Free Antivirus I install this some times
Comodo Security Suite (AV and Firewall) Used to use this all the time.

Once installed and updated, run a full scan. It will take a while but please do it. If you do find any more malware, please go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html

Post back here once you've received a clean bill of health if you still have problems.
Well, I apologize for having to return, as I had hoped that the problem would be resolved. I downloaded Avast (have used that in the past) and ran the FULL scan. It come back that 1 infected file was found, and it was taken care of. As far as it shows now, I am completly safe and secure.
As I am browsing the internet, all of a sudden it decides to exit I.E… says that it closed because of a malicious file. Well I ran MBAM again, seen once again the same 3 files as earlier, and took care of that. Still to much regret, I am having issues with my computer. The internet is acting as such, and the fact that I have been on here this long to leave a reply is a shocker considering the behavior as of late.
As windows was loading back up, the message shown at the bottom of the page is what prompted me. If I am needing to be in a completely different forum based of the info that I have given you, then by all means point me to where I need to go!

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen


Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: D5E1BE28
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 8C64DBA4
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030810-06.dmp
C:\Users\Paul and Sasha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41839-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Paul and Sasha\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC11C.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501…mp;clcid=0x0409
Please follow the link I provide to the malware removal area of this site. Recurring malware indicates MBAM and Avast are not completely cleaning it up. Let our experts help you get you system clean. Come back here after you get the okay from there if you still have problems.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI