Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet sound issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darla79

Darla79

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

I have been reading all the solutions on trying to get sound back from the internet on my computer & have ran into a couple of problems. I have went into the registry to try & add the wavemapper & it tells me it already exists. I did a find & found the file under search assistant, ACMru, 5603. It lists under name/000 data/msacm32.drv & under 001 wavemapper. Also, when I check in the system32 folder on my c drive, it shows msacm32.dll instead of the msacm32.dvr that I was supposed to check for. Not sure what I should do @ this point. Thanks for any help you can give me. Darla

Edited by Darla79, 07 March 2010 - 09:43 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 delhiuniversity

delhiuniversity

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

What operating system you are using??

#3 Darla79

Darla79

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

Windows xp, i did go in & delete those files in the registry, but it still will not let me add the wavemapper. It just keeps telling me it already exists, but when I try to use find, nothing comes up.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

Did Internet sound ever work on this computer? If so, have you tried doing a System Restore to a date before the problem started? If that doesn't work, please describe exactly what the problem is. Where is it that sound doesn't work? Is it while watching flash video from YouTube or what????

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 Darla79

Darla79

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

I have tried system restore with no luck. I do have sound from my music & itunes. In the past, I have played videos from youtube & it worked, but I don't know exactly when I lost sound. I have tried numerous fixes that I found online & that's when I came to the point of the wavemapper in the registry. I have re-loaded flashplayer several times with no luck. Every now & then, I hear a little spark type of sound, but nothing when I try to play youtube. This is very frustrating. I have ran malware & avg & nothing comes up on them. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Darla

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Have you seen this: http://www.mydigital...ernal-websites/

Sounds like it might work.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown