I have been reading all the solutions on trying to get sound back from the internet on my computer & have ran into a couple of problems. I have went into the registry to try & add the wavemapper & it tells me it already exists. I did a find & found the file under search assistant, ACMru, 5603. It lists under name/000 data/msacm32.drv & under 001 wavemapper. Also, when I check in the system32 folder on my c drive, it shows msacm32.dll instead of the msacm32.dvr that I was supposed to check for. Not sure what I should do @ this point.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Darla
Windows xp, i did go in & delete those files in the registry, but it still will not let me add the wavemapper. It just keeps telling me it already exists, but when I try to use find, nothing comes up.
Did Internet sound ever work on this computer? If so, have you tried doing a System Restore to a date before the problem started?
If that doesn't work, please describe exactly what the problem is. Where is it that sound doesn't work? Is it while watching flash video from YouTube or what????
I have tried system restore with no luck. I do have sound from my music & itunes. In the past, I have played videos from youtube & it worked, but I don't know exactly when I lost sound. I have tried numerous fixes that I found online & that's when I came to the point of the wavemapper in the registry. I have re-loaded flashplayer several times with no luck. Every now & then, I hear a little spark type of sound, but nothing when I try to play youtube. This is very frustrating. I have ran malware & avg & nothing comes up on them. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks,
Darla