I'm not tech savy and all, please help.
I installed Avira Personal yesterday but a popup keeps appearing warning me about TR/Crypt.CFI.Gen.
I've scanned my computer but neither Malwarebytes nor Avira personal are coming up with anything even when I scan in safe mode. But the popup keeps coming up.
Right-click erunt.zip, select Extract All… and follow the prompts to extract ERUNT to a new folder on your Desktop
Inside the new folder, double-click ERUNT.exe to start the program
OK all the prompts to back up your registry to the default location.
Note: to restore your registry, go to the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe
Please download DeFogger to your desktop.
Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear
Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
Click Yes to continue
A 'Finished!' message will appear
Click OK
DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK
IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.
Next:
Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
Main Mirror This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
Zipped Mirror This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.