Need Windows 7 Advice
3 min read
Please see here about the different versions of Windows 7 so you can decide what features you want:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare
The only deciding factor here is what features do YOU want. This is purely subjective.
So bottom line any ver will be ok, already have no need to work in differant lang, no I am not worried about locking the pc if lost, More I am worried about is the performance of the OS of how will it will book (other word haul tail) on this system.
The performance of seven over Vista is phenomenal.
The version of seven that you buy will not effect performance unless you choose between 32-bit and 64-bit.
You say you have 3-gigs of RAM and so my suggestion is that you stick with 32-bit.
For what you might lose in performance you will make up for in reliability and compatibility.
I would go with Pro. I've already run into a few things that are not available on Home Premium that are with Pro.
Had one today at work, lusrmgr.msc. I wanted to use to enable the Administrator account in Windows 7 and the command was not supported in Home Premium.
You also will not be able to use XP Mode, Microsoft's Virtual PC (requires CPU support as well).
Not sure if gpedit is available on Home Premium or not as I have not tested that yet. Overall, I'm sorry I went with Home Premium on the work system. Saved a few bucks but lost some things I need.
Thanks Z, Guess it's PRo all the way, Just wanted each of your input as to what you experiance and thought was better before I spent my money to only find out I should have went with this version over that version, I did tested the RC version, but was not sure if I should have blew my money on the Ultimate version or not, like I said have no need to lock the pc if lost or using other lang.
Thanks Gang, may each of you have a blessed Day.
Anyways, if you know what lusrmgr.msc and gpedit.msc are then you might want to consider Pro.
The only deciding factor here is what features do YOU want. This is purely subjective.
Please see here about the different versions of Windows 7 so you can decide what features you want:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare
MS made a bobo here, I went ahead and bought Windows 7 Professional and installed it on my new labtop, the only thing missing was Windows Mail did not come with it. I went hummm wait a minuet, when I was testing RC Ultimate it had Windows mail, but the pro vers I got did not.
Np had to download MS Windows Live mail and set up my account info from ol express and back up and running.
BTW the pro version on this 3 gig ram machine in 32 bits hauls tail
Thought I pass this info on to other who may need some info.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI