This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Error Message on startup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My problem started when I tried to install a new Canon printer. The error I get on startup is: ERROR LOADING: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCDtime.dll I since have gotten rid of the canon printer because the software didn't work either I installed an hp printer and still have the above error message on startup I have a Dell desktop computer Dell XPS DXPO51, Pentium 2.8 Ghz, 1GB of RAM Running Microsoft XP Version 2002, Service Pack 3
What is the specific error please? Does it provide any more information than what you posted? This is probably just a bad startup entry.
The error i get is what i listed in the previous post: ERROR LOADING: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCDtime.dll It doesn't seem to really affect anything. I just hit OK and the message goes away….but it is annoying…
Yes.. Please do the following:

How to use CodeStuff Starter to view services and startup items:

  • Please download and install CodeStuff Starter
  • Run Starter by finding it on your start menu after it is installed.
  • When the program opens, you will see three tabs on the main screen (Startup, Processes, Services)
  • Please click the Startup tab and make sure that All Sections is selected on the left hand side under the sections view pane.

look for a line that relates to this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCDtime.dll

It will probably start with rundll32.

Disable that item, reboot, and see if your problem is resolved.

Sorry about the delay.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI